NQBP has a talented workforce of over 120 employees based predominately in our Brisbane and Mackay corporate offices. We also have a small number of employees located across the Ports of Hay Point, Bowen and Weipa. NQBP employs a variety of disciplines across our four operational sites. These roles support key functions of the business and include:
- Marine pilotage services (pilots and commercial management);
- Maintenance staff (including trades and land care personnel);
- Port commercial management (including property);
- Port planning and environment;
- Engineering (project, asset and GIS); and
- Legal, human resources, IT (including records), finance, risk, administration and corporate relations.
Only Australian citizens/residents may apply. We are unable to offer international sponsorship placements. There are no vacancies at present.
|Position Title||Location||Closing Date|
If you would like to find out more about a vacancy, please contact our Human Resources team by email at email@example.com
The information you provide as part of the recruitment and selection process is used only for potential employment purposes and will be treated and stored confidentially.
Working at NQBP
NQBP prides itself on providing a working environment that enables NQBP employees to excel. This is achieved by providing opportunities to gain and build on existing knowledge and skills to contribute effectively to the achievement of NQBP’s goals and objectives. NQBP is committed to providing and maintaining a supportive working environment for all employees. This is promoted at NQBP by offering a range of initiatives, some of which include:
- flexible working arrangements, including rostered days off and support of flexible working hours;
- promoting individual personal development programs including tertiary study assistance;
- a health and wellbeing program including flu vaccinations, subsidised gym memberships and annual health checks;
- an employee assistance program that provides for confidential and independent counselling for employees and their immediate families; and
- social clubs that run a variety of events throughout the year. Examples include monthly lunches and morning teas, race days, games nights, bowling and family Christmas parties.
Please note that NQBP is the port authority at the ports of Abbot Point, Weipa and Hay Point and does not recruit operational employees for these ports. Please contact these Ports directly for enquiries about these roles. Visit Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal’s website if you are enquiring about employment at that terminal. To enquire about potential vacancies at the existing Abbot Point Terminal only, please visit Glencore’s website.